Preparing for Class
- Come 15 minutes early to fill out new student registration form. No late arrivals!
- Wear comfortable, light clothing (don’t forget it is 105 degrees!).
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day so that you are well hydrated before coming to class.
- Avoid eating 2-3 hours before attending class except for a piece of fruit.
- Bring a large towel, mat and water for class. Mat and towel are required for class (also available for rental or purchase).
- Keep an open mind! Listen to the teacher and try your best.
- Take a break if you need to. But not too many breaks. Listen to your body and act accordingly.
- Stay in the room. The heat is one of the greatest benefits of this practice, it allows your body to open up and your muscles to release in ways they wouldn’t be able to otherwise, but it can be the toughest thing to adjust t
- Remember to always breath!
- Don’t get up too fast. Give your body a rest and take your time leaving the room.
- Drink plenty of water and try to get something with electrolytes.
- Eat something healthy like fruit, vegetables, or lean proteins.
- Come back tomorrow! Your body has to get used to this new, very different thing you are doing, and the more frequently you go, the better opportunity it has to do just that!